The beginning of 2013 has been positively momentous for the USC LAA! We are proud to announce that after much thoughtful deliberation, the LAA has joined the USC Alumni Association. The resulting consensus was carefully drafted into a memorandum of understanding whereby USC has agreed to support the fundraising efforts of the LAA while strengthening its infrastructure.
Our shared objectives for the LAA joining the USCAA are as follows:
- to engage more members of the Trojan Family in support of the LAA’s mission to support scholarships and academic success initiatives for USC Latino students;
- to raise more endowment dollars for the LAA’s scholarship program;
- to promote more interaction and leverage synergies between the LAA, and the USCAA, and other alumni relations programs at USC;
- to leverage University Advancement resources (i.e., data, research, relationship management) to develop a pool of potential LAA supporters; and
- to stabilize the budget of the LAA so its fundraising efforts are focused on student success rather than internal operations.
More than ever, it is imperative for organizations to collaborate and work together to reach shared objectives. There is strength in numbers. We look forward to working closely with the USCAA. Stay tuned for new programming that will connect Latino Trojans across the country to USC and to each other.
Domenika Lynch, BS 1998
Latino Alumni Association
University of Southern California