2014-2015 Scholarship application is now closed!
2015-2016 Scholarship application will be available fall 2014
Deadline: January 30, 2015
Important Notes & Instructions:
- The USC Latino Alumni Association provides partial-tuition scholarships to USC undergraduate and graduate students who have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Latino/Hispanic community. Graduate scholarships are for Master’s candidates only and limited awards for Juris Doctor & Medical Doctor candidates. At this time USC LAA does not fund on line Master’s degree programs, Doctorate programs (Ed.D. & Ph.D. programs).
- Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000 per academic year for undergraduate students and $1,000 to $5,000 per academic year for graduate students. Scholars receive 50% of their award for the fall semester and 50% for the spring semester.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents to apply.
- A completed application and all required materials must be submitted to the USC Latino Alumni Association by January 30, 2015. Applications must be postmarked by this date; no late applications will be accepted.
- Students will receive notification of awards in July or August. However, no regret letters will be sent.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Committee are final and irrevocable.
The USC Alumni Association considers a number of factors when deciding on scholarship awardees, including a student’s involvement in activities and service at USC and in the community. We are particularly interested in funding students who have demonstrated a commitment to the Latino community, who have shown leadership potential and who have exceptional academic and professional potential.
Scholarship applicants must be enrolled as full-time students: Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 12 units per semester with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and graduate students must complete a minimum of 8 units per semester with a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
Our awards are intended to supplement other sources of financial aid. Students must apply and be eligible for other financial aid resources, such as CSS/PROFILE, FAFSA, USC financial aid, student loans and college work-study. Our scholarships will alleviate part of students’ work-study or subsidized loans (such as the Subsidized Stafford, Perkins or Gate loans). The USC Financial Aid Office will evaluate each applicant’s financial aid status. A needs assessment and overall financial aid package will be evaluated to determine the amount of assistance provided by the USC Latino Alumni Association.
Undergraduate students who are awarded scholarships must complete 10 credits of volunteer service/involvement with USC Latino Alumni Association for the 2015-2016 academic year. Scholars must register with the USC Career Center.
The USC Latino Alumni Association expects that, upon graduation, scholarship recipients will become members of the association. Therefore, special consideration is given to scholarship recipients who remain actively involved with the USC Office of Latino Alumni Association and participate in USC Latino Alumni Association activities. Students who have received a scholarship in the past will be given priority consideration for an award. However, continuing USC Latino Alumni scholars must still submit a completed application package, and the association is not obligated to fund all former recipients.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE FALL 2014!
Your application packet must contain the following:
- Completed, signed application form
- Personal statement
- 2 Letters of recommendation (required for all applicants )
- Official transcripts (required for all applicants)
Send your completed application and all required materials, postmarked by January 30, 2015, to:
USC Latino Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
3607 Trousdale Parkway
Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room 324
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3104
Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.