2018-2019 USC Latino Alumni Association Scholarship application will be available October 2nd!
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Important Notes & Instructions:
- The USC Latino Alumni Association provides partial-tuition scholarships to USC undergraduate and graduate students who have demonstrated a strong commitment to the Latino/Hispanic community. Graduate scholarships are for Master’s candidates only and limited awards for Juris Doctor, Pharmacy, and Medical Doctor candidates.
- Scholarship awards range from $2,000 to $5,000 per academic year for undergraduate students and $1,000 to $5,000 per academic year for graduate students. Scholars receive 50% of their award for the fall semester and 50% for the spring semester.
- A completed application and all required materials must be submitted to the USC Latino Alumni Association by February 1, 2018. Applications must be postmarked by this date; no late applications will be accepted.
- Notifications will be sent out Summer 2018. However, no regret letters will be sent.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Committee are final and irrevocable.
The USC Alumni Association considers a number of factors when deciding on scholarship awardees, including a student’s involvement in activities and service at USC and in the community. We are particularly interested in funding students who have demonstrated a commitment to the Latino community, who have shown leadership potential and who have exceptional academic and professional potential.
Scholarship applicants must be enrolled as full-time students: Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 12 units per semester with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and graduate students must complete a minimum of 8 units per semester with a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
The USC LAA awards are intended to supplement other sources of financial aid. Students must apply and be eligible for other financial aid resources, such as CSS/PROFILE, FAFSA, USC financial aid, student loans and college work-study. Our scholarships will alleviate part of students’ work-study or subsidized loans (such as the Subsidized Stafford, Perkins or Gate loans). The USC Financial Aid Office will evaluate each applicant’s financial aid status. A needs assessment and overall financial aid package will be evaluated to determine the amount of assistance provided by the USC Latino Alumni Association.
Undergraduate students who are awarded scholarships must complete 15 credits of volunteer service/involvement with USC Latino Alumni Association for the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholars must register with the USC Career Center. Graduate students do not have to complete credits, but it is highly recommended that Graduate students participate in USC LAA events. Graduate students must reapply each year to be considered for the scholarship.
How to Apply
If you are an incoming freshman, incoming transfer student or continuing USC undergraduate student who has never been awarded the USC Latino Alumni Association scholarship, please click here for an undergraduate application. Please note the deadline to submit applications for all students is February 1, 2018.
If you are a graduate student, please click here for a graduate application. Deadline to submit the application is February 1, 2018.
Application Checklist Your application packet must contain the following:
- Completed, signed application form
- Personal statement
- 2 Original Letters of recommendation (required for all applicants – on letterhead stationery) – can be uploaded or mailed by postmark date of February 1, 2018)
- Official transcripts (required for all applicants)
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE, PLEASE CONTACT THE USC LAA OFFICE VIA EMAIL LATINOALUMNI@USC.EDU OR CALLING THE OFFICE 213 740-4735.
Send any pending documents to (postmarked by deadline):
USC Latino Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
3607 Trousdale Parkway
Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room 324
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3104
Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
You can contact the USC LAA office at 213 740-4735.